Friday, July 04, 2008

five minutes of silence, five minutes of screaming

Several years back at a New-Year dinner Ive met a couple from Holland. An older guy, surely over 60, probably under 70, and owner of a couple of popular gay clubs in Netherlands with a pleasant smile and eyes that showed unspoken sensitivity gained during a life of challenges; and a younger guy around 25, romanian, that forgot that as a child his toilet was in the back garden and now he wouldn't travel dead without a first class exclusive luxurious supreme private jet ticket and a golden rod in his ass. Luckily I had the right company that evening near me and the evening was merry just by aiming sarcastical arrows in the direction of the golden boy without him even realizing it (and this does praise my or my sitting partner diplomatical skill but rather his capability of understanding any form of irony).
Later, I felt a bit sorry for the older guy cause he probably understood that some of the arrows actually rebounded on him.

During the years I randomly thought of them. For no apparent reason around Xmas and New Year that to so unusual couple spring into my mind, but never really wondering what happened to them. Till today, when I found out randomly that the elder guy passed away carrying with him his kindness while the younger guy started a spending spree of 8 millions to get over his loss.

At this moment I am not sure if Im just sad for a worlds loss or simply angry for a personal undeserved gain.

"You might be a big fish
In a little pond
Doesn't mean you've won
'Cause along may come
A bigger one
And you'll be lost"

Coldplay . Lost

No comments: